|Total Internet Resource|
Relationship Red Flags You Shouldnt Avoid
All relationships are clearly not meant to be. Only a few really deserve your time and your efforts. Sometimes we have clouded judgment and fail to recognize warning signs that are clearly apparent. Everyone deserves to love and be loved in a relationship. Often relationships start out wonderfully and turn sour while dating. You should invest your time with those people who respect you and will treat you well. Yet, sometimes we may overlook some of the warning signs that may save us much heart ache in the end.
1. Physical Abuse - physical abuse should always be a deal breaker. Early signals may be extremely rough play where you end up bruised. Other early signs are pushing, shoving, or playfully hitting you too hard. These are signs that he is physically aggressive and doesn't mind hurting you.
2. Emotional/Verbal Abuse - name calling (no, we aren't talking about terms of endearment) such as you're a fat slob, you're ugly, or anything that doesn't promote good will is inexcusable. If such terms are being used towards you, drop that person, they do not respect you. Having that person say that they didn't mean it, or they were joking isn't an acceptable excuse.
3. Emotional Rollercoaster's - avoid people who love you one day, and want to break things off the next day. This person is unstable, and will only continue this cycle as your relationship continues. A person who does articulate mixed messages isn't emotionally mature enough for a relationship.
4. Lying - you deserve to be in a relationship with a person who will tell you the truth. Avoid anyone who tells outright lies. If they will lie about small things, they will lie about larger things. A person that loves you will respect and not lie to you.
5. Inaccessible ? They will not give out phone numbers, address, or employment information. Someone who is not willing to give you a way to contact them is trying to hide from someone. Perhaps they will only give out their cell phone number and nothing else. Perhaps they will only allow you to call at certain times, and not at others. All of these are warning signs that they are trying to keep themselves separate from you.
6. Too Controlling ? your partner is overly concerned about activities that you do when you are away from them. They need to know where you are at all times, they may call you several times a day while you are out checking up on you. Be cautious if someone must know where you are at every waking moment, and needs to constantly check up on you. They may need to do this simply because they are insecure, or they may be seeing someone else, and want to verify that you aren't going to infringe upon that other relationship.
7. You're the one trying to work on the relationship ? if you are the one that has to maintain the contact, apologize, and keeps the relationship going, you are working too hard. Relationships are two way streets; both parties need to be involved. If you are involved with someone who can't pick up the phone, send an email, or come and see you, move on. The other person isn't interested in you enough to make the effort.
8. How do they treat others? Does your partner treat other people well? Do they treat servers in restaurants with respect? Do they speak nicely to their own family? Do they talk badly about their friends behind their backs? Remember, the person you are with will eventually treat you like they do everyone else.
These are general warning signs. You may have your own must haves that a potential partner must meet to be in a relationship with you. Make sure you move slow enough to see these warning signals before you fully engage your heart. Above all you deserve a stable relationship with someone that you respect, and that other person respects you. If you must question yourself, ask yourself this, if a friend of yours was relating some of these red flags to you, what would you say? If you would tell your friend its time to move on, move on to someone that will give you the relationship that you desire.
Editor for Copykat.com, Stephanie also writes a variety of articles about relationships at http://romancelessons.blogspot.com.
Love Could Be An Errand Away
You have signed up on several large dating sites and posted a great profile. So far, you've had some nice responses, but these haven't led to a meeting yet. Someone told you about a singles group at your church and there is an organization in your city for singles who want to volunteer, and hopefully meet other like-minded people. You've lost count of all the parties, happy hours and clubs you've been to, hoping to meet compatible singles. Whew! It's a lot of effort just to be in the right place at the right time with the right people.
Look Your Best With Some First Date Grooming Tips
So the big night is quickly approaching, your first big date with the cutie you have been eyeing. So what do you need to get ready for that first big date? You need to look good! First impressions are everything, and everybody likes to know that they are with someone who values and takes care of themselves, so put the extra effort into looking your best.
Seduction Secrets For Men Part 2 - Your Looks DO Matter
When it comes to the topic of looks with women, most guys are usually clueless and confused. They tend to think in extremities: you either need to look like Brad Pitt to pick up decent looking women, or you can look like a homeless and still get laid.
How To Write Descriptions That Stand Out From The Crowd
Just about every dating site-even those with minimal profiles-have space for you to write about yourself and the person you'd like to date.
Dating at Midlife: Whats First?
More American women over 45 are single, than ever before. According to the latest population surveys, someone turns 50 every 8 seconds in the U.S. and more than half of that figure is female.
How Did Online Dating Become So Popular?
Latin Dating - Beauty and Romance
Like any other society, Latin culture is one that is embedded with traditions, values and celebrations. Of all the different attributes that are associated with Latino's, there is no question that passion and romance are considered to be two of the most intriguing.
How To Find a Great Dating Partner and Have Fun Looking
Internet dating can be great fun for you. It is an easy and painless way to meet some great people you might not normally meet. It seems that today people are working much more than in the past. When you are ready to go home, you are too tired to go out everynight looking to meet someone.
Dumb Dating Mistakes Men Make with Women
Do you strike out with single women in the romance department no matter what you do? You can even be a drop-dead good-looking guy, but unless you know what is offensive to a woman's ears, you are likely to stick your foot in your mouth and make a fool of yourself and turn off women.
Online Dating Tips For Success
So the search for the perfect relationship is tuff. You have tried the grocery market, the coffee houses, blind dates, social gatherings and the Barnes & Nobles. Nothing seems to work.
The First Impression is a Lasting Impression
The first date is the most apprehensive, nerve wreaking event in the beginning of any relationship and it is also the "first impression" and the one thing in life that can never be changed!
A Nice Guys Guide to Dating Success
Has it ever happened to you? Have you ever had the experience of liking a woman, being a perfect gentleman, and treating her like a queen, only to have her reject you in favor of someone else (possibly very handsome) who doesn't treat her right, or doesn't seem to care about her much at all? These kinds of men have been called "bad boys," "charm boys," or "players." When you are interested in women, do they tend to see you as a friend or "brother" rather than a romantic interest? Do women tell you you're "too nice"? If so, you are not alone. This article will give you, the nice guy, some tips on how to use charm-boy traits to your advantage, while retaining your nice-guy values.
Four Dating Rules You Must Know To Transform Your Love Life
Dating is the first step to love. I am going to give you a simple guide to find your dream-lover. First of all, you will need to call the following basic equipment into full action: brain, eyes, ears, lips and hands. That's all you need, at least in the beginning. Hang on, I know what you are going to say, "are you nuts Zak forgetting the vital ones." Let me clear this mystery once and for all, which has dazzled billions for thousands of years. I am talking about love here. Before feeling the warmth of the fire, it has to be built up from a spark.
10 Fast Ways to Re-Igniting Romance
Research shows that people who put each other down and are hostile to each other are more likely to have serious problems .
Men: Never Compliment a Woman You Want to Date
Dating On-line in Safety
Dating online can be great fun, stimulating and exciting. So let's first get it into perspective. Some of us just like to have fun but are sick of the singles bars and other similar nite spots that are the last resort for finding a decent partner or lover. They often result in the wrong person even if you are lucky enough to meet someone. Or, you may have once upon a time met someone that 'fitted the bill' but over time this has proved not to be the case any longer, so.......long story short, you are now once again looking for a better fit. You might be just plain lonely or recently dumped by that someone who promised to be there forever. If you're senior in years, you may just be seeking a companion or someone who has similar interests. These days, it's quite likely that you are someone who's busy most of the time and don't have the time to go galavanting around the place looking for a date and attending dinner parties with the hope that your friends have selected a decent blind date on your behalf.
Dating Tips: Work on The Similarities
What is it that makes you attracted to someone? The look? The character? The way he or she makes you laugh? Well, that's a few possibilities. Now let me ask you another question. What is it that you feel that makes a couple go on a date together, dates after dates? Think about it. Remember they have a choice of saying no to a date. Very simple, there's something of similar liking between the both of them, something which both enjoy doing together, over and over again.
How to Get a Date
Step #1- The first impression. Before you approach a girl or women, you need to know a few obvious formalities. Be clean - be sure you are wearing attractive cologne, clean clothes, and fresh breath. Woman notice the smallest details, so bad breath or B.O. will be one of the first impressions of you and you don't want that. Depending on what kind of girl you want to go after, you should always wear clean, fitting clothes; stains or overlarge clothes are a indication of what kind of lifestyle you live and you want to give her the best impression possible. Right before you approach her, you should put your confident but not cocky and witty but not corny cap on because that is the next thing that girls will be attracted to after your looks.
Dating Advice for Those Just Getting Back on the Dating Wagon!
Dating is a daunting prospect, especially for those who've been off the circuit for a while. Here's a little dating advice to help you back on the dating wagon.
Use The Boyfriending Technique To Get The Girl
In order for a typical woman to have sex with a man, she must have feelings of comfort and trust. It is not enough for her to simply feel attraction for the guy.
|home | site map|
|Total Internet Resource © 2006-Present|