|Total Internet Resource|
Ten Cheap Vacations
Cheap vacations can still be relaxing, fun and whatever else you want them to be. Unlike cars and shoes, vacations don't get better according to price. Give up that expensive resort if you don't have the money, but don't give up your vacation. Try one of the following ideas instead.
1. Visit your friends. The key here is to have friends with spare beds that live in interesting places. You've probably had friends tell you to come and stay a while, so why not take them up on it? I'm hoping my friends move to Hawaii.
2. Caretaking vacations. Someone in California, Costa Rica or Colorado wants you to stay in their house while they're away. You'll have to water the plants, and maybe watch the cat, but you'll get to stay in a beautiful home. You may even get paid. To learn more caretaking opportunities, visit the Caretaker Gazette online.
3. Outdoor vacations. Outdoor adventure doesn't need to be expensive. Just stay close to home, and use your imagination. On "Tom Sawyer Day" we hike up a river for hours, then build a raft from dead trees. Then we float on it back to the car. It's cheaper and more fun than a guided river trip. Where can you hike or bicycle for free?
4. Treasure hunting. Take a trip to a ghost town or beach with a metal detector. In Arizona an old Mayan Indian showed us where to find arrowheads, semi-precious stones, and ancient pottery. Treasure hunting is cheap, and you might find something valuable as well.
5. Cheap beach combing vacations. What's more relaxing than sitting on the beach with a drink? Restless? Start collecting seashells and driftwood. Bring a metal detector to find more valuable things. There are beaches in Florida where you can camp in your RV, and cheap motels on or near the beaches in Michigan.
6. Stay home. Make a list of sights to see, and things you've always wanted to do that are within an hour of home. Spend a weekend or a week checking off your list. No expensive hotels or long-distance drives.
7. Shopping trips. Cheap vacations don't normally involve shopping, but they can. Visit flea markets and rummage sales in some scenic corner of the country. Have a shopping adventure for less than a day at the mall.
8. Hotspring vacations. Hotsprings in many parts of the United States are free or inexpensive to use. Camp in an R.V. or tent to keep it really cheap. Spend nights around the campfire and days soaking in hot water. My personal favorite is a beautiful place in Arizona (106 degree water), with hiking trails. We paid the $30 annual fee and stayed more than a week.
9. Greyhound bus travel. Taking the bus is an alternative to expensive gasoline if you're traveling alone, and the trip itself is sure to be an adventure. Pick a nice place within a day's ride, pack a bag and go.
10. Camping vacations. In Florida we stalked alligators and watched a dozen other forms of wildlife. Every night we sat around the fire with new friends from England and Texas. We escaped winter there for eight days in our van. There were hot showers, and the campground was free. Camping can be the cheapest of cheap vacations.
Steve Gillman hit the road at sixteen, and traveled the U.S. and Mexico alone at 17. Now 40, he travels with his wife Ana, whom he met in Ecuador. To read their stories, tips and travel information, visit: http://www.EverythingAboutTravel.com
A Look at Bahamas Vacation Resorts
Bahamas vacation resorts are great places to look into if you are interested in finding many activities all in one spot. In addition to providing its guests with a place to sleep, resorts often feature such amenities as golf courses, tennis courts, restaurants, clubs, water activities, boat and other rentals, shopping, and more. In a resort, a traveler can find all of the resources for great activities day and night that they might go looking for in a city.
Looking Closely at Pigeon Forge Vacation Packages
Vacation packages are a great way for travelers to book everything they want in a trip ahead of time and usually at a discount. Different types of Pigeon Forge vacation packages are available to help bargain hunters save money on their visit to the city. Pigeon Forge vacation packages are available by season, with the lodgings and attractions chosen based on their appropriateness to the time of year and the weather. Some travel companies also offer custom vacation packages where the travelers pick where they stay and the attractions that they visit.
Summer Vacations: 7 Universal Laws for Survival
Summer vacations - what better topic could there be for a mental health column than one so likely to separate you from your own mental health?
Luxury Cairns / Port Douglas Hinterland Accommodation Will Take Your Breath Away
Cairns Rainforest Retreat is ideally located for your unique rainforest hideaway experience.
The Luxury of a Bahama Vacation Villa
Bahamas vacation villas are the way to go if you are going all out for your vacation. Taking their places as some of the most exclusive private homes in the world, some villas sport up to six bedrooms on a fully-staffed estate. Many of the more upscale homes have been designed to evoke the style of Bahamian Great Houses from the colonial period, and f that first time visitors will not easily forget their striking architecture.
Andalucia, a Wonderful Holiday Destination
The Costa del Sol has long been one of the most popular holiday destinations in southern Europe, and quite rightly so as it has much to offer in the form of reliable sunshine, beautiful safe beaches, good restaurants and nightlife, good quality and affordable accommodation along with plentiful and cheap flights from a vast choice of airports. However The Costa del Sol is only a very small part of the wonderful Autonomous Region of Andalucia.
Vacation / Honeymoons 101 - Planning for Perfect Weather on Your Trip
Did you ever worry when traveling about the weather? Most people worry about weather and it can play a major role in making or breaking your vacation.
Finding Vacation Rentals in North Lake Tahoe
The main difference between North and South Lake Tahoe is that most people who live on the lake year around tend to own houses on the northern end. Here you'll find housing developments of the highest quality, serene resorts, campgrounds, beautiful beaches as well as shopping and dining as good if not superior to the choices in the busier, more crowded southern end of the lake. North Lake Tahoe vacation rentals tend to favor the more family-oriented traveler, seeking peace and serenity. Because there are more permanent living facilities on the north shores, there are more houses and condos available for rent to tourists than there are on the southern shores. Furthermore, the resorts dotted throughout the area are, for the most part, more of the smaller, boutique resorts rather than the larger, bustling hotels. Because the northern shores are in California there is no gambling there. This major difference accounts for the total difference in ambiance between the two locations around the lake.
Vacation Rentals in the Bahamas
The Bahamas serve as the perfect relaxation destination. With pristine beaches silent, save for the gently crashing waves of the turquoise water, the perfect island can help even the most stressed person to calm down. Many travelers find it more relaxing to have a place to stay a step away from tourist life on the islands, and private beach houses and condos have become extremely popular. These homes can be rented out to those who desire more privacy and independence than a hotel can offer.
Why are Townhouse Rentals are the Way to Go when Visiting Walt Disney World
The first words that come to mind when people think of Central Florida are usually Disney World, attractions, theme parks, and vacation, or holiday.
Tranquil Setting for the Weary Traveler
The DeLaunay House, located 185 N. Pioneer in Ashland is a wonderfully remodeled 1909 Craftsman style house just blocks from downtown Ashland and the Historic Railroad District. The comfortable and attractive suites have imaginative and spiritual names to reflect the joy and spiritual process of the owner-operator Deborah DeLaunay. Peace Pilgrim, Peace Mountain, Zen Cottage and the Harmony Suite are luxuriously appointed yet restful and comfortable. Originally named Breathe Peace Inn, The DeLaunay House is truly a place to "breathe peace in", a tranquil setting for the weary traveler.
Thailand Golf Packages and Thailand Hotels Reservation
Thailand is a popular golf paradise and home to many world class designed golf courses. There are many reasons for golf lovers to golf in Thailand... such as the many challenging and exciting golf course, the reasonable playing fee, the excellent club-house, beautiful course lay-out and the cheerful atmosphere with the charming caddies. Thailand is the best golfing holiday destination in Asia and the Far East.
Buying Real Estate in Cozumel
As beautiful and modern as Cozumel is, visitors must remember that it is a foreign country is not part of America, although it caters quite well to American tourists. Everybody on Cozumel speaks English, some with little or no detectable accent. The atmosphere on the island is extremely international so the frequent traveler or long term guest may forget that it is in fact Mexico he is visiting and not Hawaii with a Spanish flair. Buying or owning some property on the island is not the same as buying or owning property in America. Foreigners are allowed to buy property on the island, but you must use the services of an experienced real estate attorney. If the property is in a restricted zone such as along borders, coastal areas or wildlife preserves, you must first obtain a "fidei comiso" or bank trust instrument established and recorded by a notary public.
What Not To Wear
What makes certain styles of pants so popular? One reason is fashion and the other comfort. Two examples of pants bought for comfort are tapered leg jeans or pants and Capri pants. Younger women flock low-rise jeans because they are fashionable. Both Capri pants and low-rise jeans look best on tall, slim silhouettes - how many 'real' women are tall and slim? The truth is that the majority of the female population does not have 'Barbie' figures so those styles instead of looking great actually accentuate flaws.
Florida Beachfront Rentals - Finding Florida Beachfront Vacation Homes
Florida beachfront rentals are a great way to enjoy a Florida vacation. Florida beachfront rentals and Florida beachfront vacation homes can be found in all the most popular beach areas year-round. Besides the fabulous Florida beaches you have to choose from, there's so much to do while on vacation.
Learn From My Personal Experience About Bahamas Vacation Rentals
Bahamas house rental or a hotel? Vacation rentals are becoming very popular but many people ask the wrong questions when they enquire about a house rental, read this article where I answer many essential questions most people forget to ask when they book a Bahamas house rental or travel to the Bahamas.
Gatlinburgs Real Estate Market
Real estate in Gatlinburg is thriving. While the 2000 census estimated that some 3,300 people live year-round in Gatlinburg, many thousands more visit during every season of the year. As these crowds visit Gatlinburg to enjoy the outdoor activities and other attractions, hundreds of cabins in Gatlinburg are bought and sold each year. Currently many new buildings and communities are being developed.
Gatlinburg Cabin Rentals
Gatlinburg cabin rental options range from old-fashioned rustic "log cabins" to cottages, Swiss-style Chalets, and upscale condominiums full of luxurious modern amenities. In addition, hotel and motel rooms are also available for rent in Gatlinburg, a favorite cabin rental destination located in eastern Tennessee. Gatlinburg boasts instant access to beautiful scenery, outdoor activities, shopping, and dining.
Finding The Best Timeshare For You ? Make The Search An Adventure!
Taking the plunge from average vacationer to vacation property owner is a big jump. The fear associated with a full, outright purchase of property hundreds or even thousands of miles away from home can be blissfully alleviated through the purchase of a timeshare.
Ten Reasons to Move to the Costa Brava
After France, Spain is Europe's most popular holiday destination, and the apparent dominance of France is to a large extent due to visitors in transit elsewhere. In 1996 between 1.2 and 1.3 million European tourists visited Spain. It is therefore not surprising that many of them become interested in buying a home there. Spain's property market generally has enjoyed strong growth, with the Costa Brava enjoying a particularly large rise in values. About 20% of foreign owners are more or less permanent residents of Spain, while the remaining 80% bought their property for either holidays or investment purposes.
|home | site map|
|Total Internet Resource © 2006-Present|