|Total Internet Resource|
7 Tips to Help You Beat Your Sugar Habit
Are you often overcome with an urge to splurge on candy, cookies, and cake ? and do you then hate yourself for caving into your cravings?
Do you pop by the drug store for paper goods but always leave with junk food, too? And do you feel like an incurable sugar addict with zero will power?
Take heart. You can quit (or at least cut back on) both sweets and processed, "much-like-sugar carbs" such as white bread, white rice, and pasta.
Back in 1998, I did just that. After diagnosing hypoglycemia, my M.D. told me that eliminating quickie carbs could banish my low-blood sugar symptoms, including my ferocious headaches, unexpected mood swings, debilitating "brain fog" and severe PMS.
Amazingly, all 44 ailments disappeared! I do not exaggerate! After kicking sweets, I felt reborn!
That's why I'm now on a mission to help you, too, break free of your habit. I know that spurning inferior sweets and quickie carbs could turn your life around. You could benefit if you're hypoglycemic, diabetic, overweight -- or if you're just wanting more energy and better concentration.
Here's the non-sugar-coated scoop. If you continue to over-indulge in these nutrient-lacking foods you could:
? Pack on the pounds
If, instead, you choose quality, fiber-filled carbs, you could:
? Peel off excess weight
Pretty promising, eh?
Here, then, are 7 tried-and-true tips and tactics to help you "just say no" to quickie carbs:
1. Adjust your mindset ? and pronto! Before you can begin to make better dietary decisions, you need to totally change your thoughts. Toss away such negative views as: "Oh, boo hoo, I don't want to quit sweets!" Instead, dwell on positive ideas like this: "Wow, I'll feel so great by kicking quickie carbs." Now fill your mind with pleasant, powerful images. Visualize yourself easily turning down low-quality carbs and becoming a happier, healthier, sweeter you. See yourself in charge instead of enslaved.
2. Plan a pity party. I know this might sound counter-productive, but I'm convinced that before you cut out low-quality carbs, allotting a specific, short amount of time ? say, a week ? to feeling sorry for yourself can work wonders. But then get over it and get on with it!
3. Watch yourself like a lab rat. Begin to face your truth by keeping a food journal. Jot down what drives you to simple carbs, when you clamor for them, where you eat them, why you want them, and how you get them (i.e., do you stealthily drive across town in the middle of night to buy a carton of ice cream because you need it?) Journaling can be potent preparation for stomping out your sugar habit!
4. Power up with PFF. By this I mean, pump up the protein (such as fish, chicken, tofu, legumes and lean meats), fill up with fiber (vegetables, fruits and whole grains), and embrace healthy fats (olive oil, flax seeds, avocado, etc.) ? consuming them all in moderation, of course. These three dietary changes alone can help moderate your blood sugar levels, take the edge off your appetite, keep you feel satisfied longer, and provide needed nourishment.
5. Relish the goodies provided by Mother Nature. Learn to savor the flavor of fresh, natural, wholesome, colorful, nutritious, preferably organic vegetables and low-sugar fruits. Next time you yearn for something sweet, enjoy a few tasty cherry tomatoes, a chunk of red pepper, or several fresh strawberries. Yum! (Nibble on some protein at the same time to keep your blood sugar stable.)
6. Begin with breakfast. Always start your day with a healthy meal ? you know, something like a veggie-filled omelet with a piece of orange or a small bowl of slow-cooking oatmeal. Many research studies show that breakfast eaters concentrate and perform better. If you skip that vital first meal of the day, you're setting yourself up for overwhelming sugar cravings. (Many nutritionists and physicians I interviewed often emphasized the benefits of breakfast.)
7. Develop a kick-butt attitude. Abandon that woe-is-me stance! Tap into your inner strength instead. Even if you're furious with yourself for having eaten nutrient-poor foods for so long, use that anger to reinforce your "I-can-do-it" attitude. Because you can! Now go for it and trust in your ability to succeed. Believe me, you can "Enjoy a Sweeter Life Without Refined Sweets.?"
Connie Bennett is an experienced journalist and an expert/coach to help you kick your sugar habit. She is author of the book SUGAR SHOCK! (upcoming), for which she interviewed more than 250 recognized physicians, nutritionists, researchers and health advocates. Visit and speak out at her lively, provocative SugarShockBlog.com. Make sure to get your free report, "Sly Hidden Sugars," and your free e-zine at http://www.StopSugarShock.com
You may reproduce or distribute this article online, provided that you include the following: Copyright © 2005, All Rights Reserved, Connie Bennett, Stop SUGAR SHOCK!(TM), A Sweeter You, LLC.
Also, when this article's published elsewhere, please notify Connie by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fat Burning Tips
These fat burning tips can help you discover a fat burning secret that works well. The fat burning process is a matter of proper dieting and the correct exercise and training techniques.
Weight Loss for Good! - The # 1 Secret!
The only way you will ever follow through on an exercise program is to be sold out. The military calls them "lifers." These are people who are committed to something for the long haul. Are you a lifer? Could you be a lifer?
Teenage Weight Loss -- How Teenagers Can Safely Lose Weight
Teenagers with body mass indices between 25 and 30 require immediate medical attention. The internal stress caused from so much weight almost guarantees the premature development of medical problems such as diabetes, heart disease, cancers, and stroke.
Serious Dieting Tips, Humorous Explanations
A few months ago, I set out to lose 22.6 pounds, then to put back on at least half of it.
Fit or Fat?!
"Hey, you have reduced now, compared to the last time I saw you!"
You Can Lose Weight on a High Carbohydrate Diet
A startling fact is that carbohydrates are not responsible for making people fat. Don't feel too badly though, you are not the only person who was sold on the idea that a high protein, low carb diet was the only way to lose weight.
Reading labels is an essential part of any weight loss program. Being able to clearly identify key components of a food item is vital to the success of your diet. You have to be careful when you read the label and be extremely thorough. Labels are placed on food items because it is required by law. Marketers are forced to display this information but it does not keep them being tricky about it.
5 Easy Weight Loss Tips You Can Use Right Now
Sometimes, just the thought of starting on a diet and fitness regimen can be so overwhelming, we stop before we even give it a shot. Let's not be overwhelmed then, OK? Instead, let's look at 5 easy ways you can start down the path to a slimmer, lighter you.
Close Kept Secrets to Weight Loss Lesson #4
How's the practicing going? Are you spending time each day to practice RET, EFT and affirmations? When you make yourself a priority, then everything else falls into place.
Its All In The Numbers
Offer a woman the choice between a dress she likes a lot, that fits well but is size 12, and a dress she likes, which also fits well but is labeled size 8, and she'll take the lesser preferred every time.
Resist that Snack Attack and Keep Your Diet on Track
When on a diet, snack attacks can hit hard and fast. Everywhere you go reminds you of what you can't have and what you want. Sometimes it is certain cravings, hunger and even your own emotions that candrive you straight into those treats you promised yourself that you would stay away from. The good news you do not have to go overboard everytime you have to give into those cravings. Follow tthis advice and you will reap the rewards that come with triumph over adversity. Win the battle of the bulge once and for all.
Quick Weight Loss Secrets
The Secrets have been in our family recipes, some even date back as far as 3000 BC. For years our Ancient ancestors have been using natural herbs and spices to heal and cure, even to take the weight off. For example: The Ancient Mayans used cayenne pepper which has been studied to increase the rate of metabolism of fats and carbohydrates. Some Additional research also indicates that cayenne increases production of epinephrine and nor epinephrine which together decrease appetite.
Co-Dependency and Food: Trying to Fill the Void
Nice girls don't speak up. Nice girls take care of and support others. These are just a few of the messages girls often receive as they are socialized. Often in adulthood, these ingrained messages turn into full-blown co-dependency. Years can go by. Unmet needs build up energy; they demand attention. But without learning skills in setting boundaries, letting others feel their own pain and making oneself a priority, food often becomes the hassle-free, soothing balm to take the edge off and release that pent up energy momentarily, that is until the guilt sets in.
EFT for Weight Loss - How to Stop Eating from Fear of Not Getting Your Share
Do You Sometimes Eat Because You're Afraid You'll "Miss Out" on Something Wonderful Otherwise?
How Not To Lose Weight
Who really wants to lose weight? None of us, right? How much fun is it to be on a diet, deprived of all you really want and need when there is a McDonald's, Krispy Kreme or Baskin and Robbins right around the corner calling out your name? Learn to love what you've got, get more (and bigger portions) out of life and let all the skinny people fend for themselves! Following is our guide to not losing weight:
3 Easy Dieting Success Tips
1. Drink 8-10 glasses of water each day
Low Carb Beer: Not So Skinny
Low carb beer and lite beer are two different animals. Both feature lower calories and both are ostensibly for weight loss. But a typical light beer contains almost 3 times as many carbs as a low carbohydrate beer. So far so good. If you'd like to enjoy an occasional beer while on a low carb diet, the low carb beers may be the way to go.
Eating Sensibly, Working Out and Still Not Achieving Your Goals?
Are you working hard in the gym 3 times a week, eating sensibly but still struggling to lose that weight or change your body shape?
After WLS Patients Must Give-up Coffee, Tea, Soda and Alcohol to Sustain Weight Loss
Dieters are often told ? drink water. Drink a minimum of 64 ounces a day ? eight glasses a day. Gastric-bypass patients don't have a choice: they must drink lots water. Other beverages including coffee, tea, milk, soft drinks and alcohol are forbidden. Water is the essential fluid for living. Water is one of the most important nutrients the body needs to stay healthy, vibrant and energetic. A tell-tell sign of a gastric bypass patient is the ever-present water bottle.
Weight Loss Through Low Carb Diet
Are you or your family members amongst the 65%?
|home | site map|
|Total Internet Resource © 2006-Present|